St Luke’s is a mainstream primary school and welcomes children with SEND in one or more of the following areas:
- Communication and Interaction eg: speech, language and communication needs (SCLN); Autistic Spectrum Condition (we have been granted the Autism Aware Award)
- Cognition and Learning eg: specific learning difficulties (SpLD) dyslexia or dyscalculia; moderate learning difficulties, global developmental delay
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH) eg: attentional or hyperactivity difficulties, low mood/anxiety/depression, attachment disorders.
- Sensory and/or Physical Needs: eg: visual impairment (VI); hearing impairment (HI); Cerebral Palsy, developmental coordination disorder, sensory needs . Please note our building is not currently accessible to children with severe mobility difficulties or who are wheelchair users.
- Medical needs: Where pupils have medical needs and special educational needs, we will plans and deliver educational provision in a coordinated way in accordance with their healthcare plan, if they have one. We also follow the statutory guidance on supporting pupils at school with medical conditions.